Obama's victory, or, thank you Jesus
I'm not one of those alleged people who thinks Obama is Jesus. But I am absolutely positive Jesus Christ would have voted for Obama.
In addition to Obama's killer speech, videos of celebrations around the world surfaced. This one is my favorite:
Then I got to thinking about Obama's dynamite appeal in some other countries, and why conservatives have scoffed at this. It's because of a fundamental difference:
Conservatives are afraid of the concept of "us". That concept applies only to Americans and any country that kisses our ass.
And if you aren't with us, you are against us.
Liberals are all about "us", whether foreign or domestic.
We get accused of being socialists because of this very principle. To these people I would say go read a book about what socialism is. And once you understand what it is, you will see it is being overused out of context - a meaningless buzzword for scaring people. I have an "ism" for you: McCarthyism.
We have to view everyone who believes in peace as "us". That's that only reasonable way to lead.
After Obama's victory, I think we have a pretty good shot at restoring our respect in the world.
Oh, and may Sarah Palin leave politics for good, go back to Alaska and never enter the national spotlight again, unless it is to debate Hillary Clinton, in which case, light one up and pass it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home