Alfred Ritz's Afternoon Pickle Throw

1.04.2007

The Simpsons 9th Season OR Yes, I bought the Goddamned 9th Season

Is it good? For the most part. I'm actually surprised, I think the quality shows go a little bit further than I remembered.

"The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" is awesome. The drinking regulars at Moe's have to each draw a pickled (how appropriate!) egg to see who is the DD. Barney get's the one black egg. On top of that, it's the night Duff Man arrives to give Barney his grand prize. So Barney goes insane and drives Homer's car to New York City. I couldn't think of a more clever and character-driven way for the writers to figure out how the Simpsons get to NYC for a hilarious romp.

This season also features some of the more political/religious episodes. In "The Cartridge Family," Homer joins the NRA. In "Lisa the Skeptic," Lisa is the only one in Springfield who believes a skeleton is not an angel.

But who could forget the CLASSIC "Das Bus" in which Otto crashes the bus on a deserted island - that's right - the "Lord of the Flies" episode! (Kill the dorks! Bash their butts!) I think this one was so special because it came out about the time we all had to read that book in high school. Several of us opted to watch this episode rather than read the book. We got the jist of it.

So how long will The Simpsons keep stealing my money? I hope not too much longer. I know it was right around this season I stopped caring. But this season still gets a thumbs up.

Joe Namath says: Please, get your car checked to prevent vapor lock.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Amish Trivedi said...

The episode where Bart and EVERYONE else is on the football team is season 12, I believe. "Bart the Star"? perhaps. The one where Homer is coach of the team. That's a damn fine episode.

I'm glad one of us updated this damn blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home